Making A Difference
Lifting The Burden
Every other minute in this country, a person hears the devastating words: “You have breast cancer.” By the time you finish reading this page, another family will be irrevocably affected. The time and costs associated with medical care are just the beginning - we’re here to help with everything else. No one should be left homeless or financially devastated by this terrible disease. We can’t fix everything, but together we can fix this.
- Two-thirds of the total costs of breast cancer treatment are non-medical.
- Cancer patients are more than 2.5 times more likely to go bankrupt than people without cancer.
- Women undergoing treatment for breast cancer have to miss an average of 44.5 days of work.
- The rent or mortgage still needs to be paid
- The utility bills are still due on time
- Someone still needs to buy groceries
- Travel costs associated with seeking treatment
- Cost of childcare while you're in treatment
- Lost wages