Development Officer, Full-time
Since November 2001, Hope Chest for Breast Cancer Foundation has been a source of hope for local breast cancer patients and their families. Hope Chest for Breast Cancer provides the quickest access to help for the most urgent daily needs including housing, transportation, utilities, nutrition, and childcare. Getting cancer is scary. And expensive. Hope Chest fills an urgent, unmet need: Alleviating some of the financial burdens associated with breast cancer treatment. While patients focus on the fight of their lives, we focus on helping patients stay in their homes, keep the heat and lights on, and put nutritious food in the fridge. We help make sure that patients can get access to transportation and childcare so they can attend treatments.
We have grown our base of supporters in recent years and are poised to capitalize on this growth. We seek to hire a Development Officer to cultivate a deeper level of engagement with HCBCF’s mission. The Development Officer will be a key member of our team, responsible for actively cultivating, securing, and stewarding mid-level gifts of $500-$10,000. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Learns HCBCF’s mission and effectively communicates the mission and programs to donors.
• Secures financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations (excluding sponsorships for event, third party or affiliate marketing relationships or major grant solicitation).
• Executes strategy primarily through phone, email, and mail communication, with some face-to-face visits to select donors for cultivation, solicitations, and stewardship efforts.
• Solicits and closes gifts of $500-$10,000 from individuals, families, and foundations.
• Creates and maintains a personal annual portfolio of 400 – 500 individual prospects and donors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in non-profit development
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• The ability and/or proven evidence of the ability to:
o Communicate at an advanced level, oral and written.
o Exhibit strong phone skills, for example: warm tone, good speaking cadence, clear and articulate speech.
o Participate in a teamwork driven environment.
o Demonstrate a proficiency in building relationships.
o Exhibit effective interpersonal skills that demonstrates tact, patience, and courtesy.
o Utilize Salesforce, Raisers Edge, or similar CRM with proficiency.
o Manage time and task completion effectively.
o Handle tasks independently
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL QUALIFICATIONS
Experience with stewardship, mid-level, or leadership annual giving programs
Experience in women’s, cancer and/or health charities
Please email a resume including cover letter including to: